Jodene Riha, Real Estate Geek
Jodene has been geeking out over houses since childhood.
While growing up, Jodene spent many Saturdays at auctions or garage sales with her parents buying antiques in the Iowa countryside & redesigning the homes she saw in her head. She worked in the field of interior design after graduating from the College of Design at Iowa State University. She got her Masters in Housing Studies from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, and has also worked in the mortgage industry.
She has a side hobby of scouring estate sales & flea markets for cool and unique finds. Rolling all of these skills together, Jodene can help make the process of buying or selling a home less daunting.
She loves working with families that are clearing out Grandma’s house and who want help not only selling the home but finding a new home for Grandma’s treasures. Or the family looking to downsize their home and get rid of their collections.
Jodene also loves working with first-time homebuyers who are feeling overwhelmed by the whole process and want someone that will guide them through the home buying experience.
- Licensed Realtor in Minnesota
- Member of the Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors (MAR)
- B.A Interior Design, College of Design Interior, Iowa State University
- M.A Housing Studies, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Jodene grew up in Decorah, Iowa, and has also lived in Raleigh, Denver, and Biloxi before settling in Hopkins, MN with her 2 Guinea pigs named Cranston & Zander who rule the house. She also has a niece and a nephew with whom she loves spending time.
When Jodene isn’t geeking out about real estate, she loves spending her time volunteering in the Hopkins community, which includes:
- Board member of the Hopkins Business and Civic Association &Board member of the Friends of Hopkins Library
- Sponsorship coordinator for the Raspberry Festival.
- Hopkins Art Center.
- Friends of Hennepin County Library Pen Pal series.
- Resource West coat & toy drive.
- Longtime volunteer at Cedar Cultural Center and Habitat for Humanity.
She can also often be found catching live music or walking/hiking or biking one of the many trails in Hopkins.