Property Geek Kim isn’t a native Minnesotan. But she’s been in the Twin Cities long enough to have learned a couple of things:
- Minnesotans love their tater tots, and…
- They’ll try just about anything on a stick.
So, in honor of the big game, she’s decided to share a recipe for one of her family’s new favorites:
Hot Tot Kabobs
These taters on a stick are super quick to make and will easily feed a crowd. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Finely Shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese
- Bacon Bits or several strips of cooked Bacon (chopped into bits)
- Sour Cream
Cook the tater tots according to package directions. Once done, let them cool for a few minutes until you can touch them.
Thread tater tots onto skewers and place onto a cookie sheet.
Top the tater kabobs with bacon bits.
Sprinkle cheese over the tots.
Bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Transfer to a serving platter & garnish with sour cream and chives.
These Hot Tot Kabobs will be a hit just the way they are, but if you want to mix it up a bit, try the following variations:
- Use Mexican cheese, chopped jalapenos and serve with salsa for dipping.
- Sprinkle dry ranch seasoning over tots when cooking and serve with ranch dressing.
- For a “healthier” slant, sprinkle chopped cooked broccoli over the tots before you add the cheese.
- Try adding a little chili, then cheese and serve with sour cream for dipping.
We can’t promise your team will win on Sunday, but we CAN promise you’ll end up with a platter that looks like this…
What’s your favorite snack to take to a game watch party?